There may be a time when you will need to replace a FitMachine that has been installed on your equipment. When this happens, there are a couple of different ways that you can achieve this using the Dashboard or the FitMachine Onboarding App.
Whichever method you used to Onboard the new FitMachine, do your best to locate the new sensor in as close to the same position as the old sensor was positioned. This will make it possible to compare the data collected from both the new and old sensors.
Using the FitMachine Onboarding App
The best way to replace a FitMachine is to use the Onboarding App while you are in the process of replacing the sensor using the steps outlined below.
- After logging into the app, find and select the FitMachine in the list of ‘My FitMachines’
2. Press on the ‘Edit’ icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen
3. Scroll down to the ‘Device Details’ heading and tap on the MAC Address field
4. Scan the QR code of the new FitMachine and then press Save in the top right-hand corner of the screen
5. Press the Save button again in the top right-hand corner of the screen to complete the replacement process.
6. Run a connectivity test to make sure the sensor is still able to send samples to the cloud.
Using the Dashboard
It's also possible to use the Dashboard to change the sensor that has been entered into the MOVUS Database by using the Edit button on the Detailed View of the equipment. This will take you to a page titled "Edit Device" which allows you to edit any of the information added during the Onboarding process.
If you scroll down through the text and photos you'll find a box labelled MAC Address just above the map/location widget. The MAC Address of the FitMachine that is currently installed will appear in this field. Update the Database by replacing this old MAC with the MAC Address of the new FitMachine being careful to enter all characters with colons between each pair. If an incorrect MAC Address is input, there is a chance that you will receive no data or incorrect data from another piece of equipment. Remember that there are NO letter O's in a MAC Address, only zeroes.
Once you've input the new MAC Address, scroll to the bottom of the page and press the green 'Next' button to progress through the Onboarding process until you reach the final page. Press the green 'Submit' button to complete the process and update the MAC Address in the Database.