When to Recalibrate a FitMachine
FitMachine condition monitoring sensors operate by detecting changes to equipment health relative to the ‘normal’ running conditions learned during the calibration period.
Consequently, this makes the calibration period critical to the success of your FitMachine deployment, so knowing when to recalibrate a FitMachine is very important.
Following these guidelines for recalibration will result in the best results from your FitMachine deployment:
A FitMachine WILL NEED to be recalibrated when:
- it is moved for any reason
- significant maintenance is performed on the equipment it is monitoring
- it is replaced with a new unit (note in this case, the new unit will begin its own calibration automatically)
A FitMachine MAY also need to be recalibrated when:
- a significant abnormal event occurs during the calibration process
- as this will reduce the accuracy of the AI)
- Maintenance is performed on an asset where the change in performance drastically affects the performance of a linked asset
- For example, if you were to monitor a cooling tower and a connected chiller unit where the cooling tower had to undergo major maintenance. Following the maintenance, the cooling tower may operate more efficiently, reducing the work required by the chiller unit and reducing the vibration level
- If the system is issuing alerts for an asset, and you are confident that the equipment is operating correctly despite the change the FitMachine has measured
How to ReCalibrate a FitMachine
To have a FitMachine restart it's calibration, please log a support request, with the date and time you would like the calibration to begin from, and our team will action this very promptly!