When to Recalibrate a FitMachine
FitMachine condition monitoring sensors operate by detecting changes to equipment health relative to the ‘normal’ running conditions learned during the calibration period. Consequently, this makes the calibration period critical to the success of your FitMachine deployment so knowing when to recalibrate a FitMachine is very important. Following these guidelines for recalibration will result in the best results from your FitMachine deployment.
FitMachines will need to be recalibrated when:
- A FitMachine is moved for any reason
- Maintenance is performed on the equipment
- A FitMachine is replaced, the new FitMachine will begin its own calibration automatically
Recalibration may also be required in the following situations:
- If an event occurs during the calibration process as this will reduce the accuracy of the AI
- Maintenance is performed on an asset where the change in performance drastically affects the performance of a linked asset.
- For example, if you were to monitor a cooling tower and a connected chiller unit where the cooling tower had to undergo major maintenance. Following the maintenance, the cooling tower may operate more efficiently, reducing the work required by the chiller unit and reducing the vibration level.
The AI will pick up when the FitMachine has been moved as the vibration signature can change drastically with very small changes in location. Please follow the following link for further information on Recalibrating a FitMachine.