How can an FFT help me?
FFTs can be used to diagnose the cause of an alarm. Different frequency peaks on the FFT may indicate different types of failures based on the equipment type. If you are unfamiliar with FFTs and want to know more, check out the resources at the bottom of the page.
What is an FFT?
FFT stands for Fast Fourier Transform and is used to change time data to frequency data. What MOVUS is showing is a graphical representation of the FFT.
MOVUS - Alarm FFT
This is an example of what you might see for an alarm FFT.
- The black shaded background area represents the learning period and is there for comparison
- The colour of the line (red or yellow) corresponds to a red alert or yellow advisory
- The coloured line represents the FFT at the time of the alarm for comparison with the learning period data
- The FFTs that MOVUS produces are FFTs of acceleration
- There is a button for if you would like to see the FFT full screen